Polska vs USA - 17.04.2011

Kje, kdaj, kako in zakaj,..........

Moderatorji: udovich, damcho82, andrej, svinc, cyclon

Polska vs USA - 17.04.2011

OdgovorNapisal/-a andrej » To Apr 19, 2011 7:27 pm

3-2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pz2Nl3NuPuw

On Sunday television wasn't necessary. Nearly 2,000 fans, most of them chanting and waving flags in support of Poland, packed the Hammond Civic Center to watch their homeland heroes win three of the five events at Battle of the Giants: USA vs. Polska.

"I'm very, very happy people don't forget the sport," said five-time World's Strongest Man champion Mariusz Pudzianowski. "There are a lot of young athletes trying to follow in my footsteps."

Pudzianowski served as emcee, judge and celebrity draw at the event, speaking only Polish on the microphone, while Chicagoan Jason Bever co-hosted in English. The head of the sport in Poland, Pudzianowski, who turned 35 last month, has not been in a strongman competition in 15 months because he's been dabbling in mixed martial arts, with a 3-1 pro record.

"I felt very, very welcome in here," Pudzianowski said before signing autographs and posing for pictures with adoring fans. "I've always had lots of support in Chicago. People in the United States like me and respect me because they know what I've accomplished."

The heirs to Pudzianowski's throne -- Krzysztof Radzikowski, Mateusz Baron, Jaroslaw Nowacki and Tomasz Kowal -- represented with wins in the first two events and three of the first four.

Poland clinched victory for the day with a 20-14 win in the team clean and jerk. Each four-man team had five minutes to clean and jerk 315 pounds using tag-team tactics.

The first event consisted of two men racing the length of the Civic Center floor and back carrying a wooden chariot containing four young women from sponsor L.A. Tan. The Americans stumbled on the turnaround and took nearly 40 seconds. Team Polska did it in 27.47 ticks.

The second event asked the monstrous men to deadlift 800 pounds worth of an axle and truck tires. Poland won 30-28. American Brian Shaw, a 6-foot-8, 440-pound hulk who was runner-up in World's Strongest Man in 2010, had 10 on his turn, but Baron had 11 reps.

America's first win was by two seconds in the day's best test of muscle endurance. Competitors had to lift a Jeep Compass sport-utility vehicle off two wheels via steel handles and hold it as long as they could. Team USA's four men combined for a time of 2:02.

In the popular stones competition, where teammates alternated lifting 10 stone spheres weighting from 275 to 390 pounds onto a platform 56 inches high, America got it done in 1:13, 12 seconds faster than Poland. Shaw, Jason Bergmann, Karl Gillingham and Kevin Nee weren't visibly upset at the overall finish for the U.S.

"It wasn't our best show, our guys have had better days, but that's how it goes in strongman events," said Bergmann, a Wisconsin native who has earned two top-10 finishes at World's Strongest Man.

"It was a great crowd and great event. The U.S. is the hardest market. It takes a special breed of guys to do this. It's much bigger in other countries."

The event came to Hammond after a deal with the UIC Pavilion in Chicago caved. Multiple organizers from Chicago, including Peter Antol, made sure the show went on. Hammond simply obliged the request.

"Hopefully," Pudzianowski confidant and Chicago Curie grad Jack Zwolen said, "this isn't the last time we do this here."
Uporabniški avatar
andrej

Kraj: Kranj

OdgovorNapisal/-a andrej » So Apr 23, 2011 8:15 am

Uporabniški avatar
andrej

Kraj: Kranj

OdgovorNapisal/-a udovich » So Apr 23, 2011 9:56 am

sem pogledal, dead lift me je kar impresioniral,...še posebej, ker so za ZDA tekmovali skoraj vsi najboljši atleti,...
Ego sum alpha et omega, primus et novissimus, principium et finis.
"Eat like a horse, train like a demon and grow like a weed!"
Uporabniški avatar
udovich
SITE ADMIN

Kraj: Koper

Vrni se na Strongman - tekmovanja - competitions

Kdo je na strani

Po forumu brska: 0 registriranih uporabnikov in 1 gost