Arlid Haugen - ponovno na strongman sceni

Saj ni res, pa je,.............

Moderatorji: udovich, damcho82, andrej, Sandi, svinc, cyclon, K o n c i n a

Arlid Haugen - ponovno na strongman sceni

OdgovorNapisal/-a udovich » Ne Jul 25, 2010 12:58 pm

Here’s Arild Haugen: “The Emperor of Stones” Eyes World’s Strongest Man 2010
by Randall J. Strossen, Ph.D. | ©2010 IronMind

It had the impact of a bombshell in the strongman world yesterday when it IronMind reported that Arild “The Emperor of Stones” would be competing in Giants Live–Poland in a bid to gain an invitation to World’s Strongest Man 2010.

Arild Haugen is ramping up his heavy training in a bid to compete at this year’s World’s Strongest Man contest and by all early indications, his re-entry into the strongman world should be accompanied by a fair warning to the other competitors: Look who’s coming to get you! IronMind® | Photo courtesy of Arild Haugen.

“Yes sir, it’s true that I really want to go to WSM this year,” Arild Haugen confirmed for IronMind. “And therefore I will have to qualify through the Giants Live competition in Poland.

“I did a competition in beginning of June in London. I had train only for 3 - 4 weeks and did a couple of good lift and enjoyed the competition and the meetings with all the other strongmen. But after being away from the strongman events and the heavy weights I felt that I still had some power left, and after doing 12 reps in deadlift with 310 kg I started thinking about how good I could be if I trained some months more.

“So right now I am increasing the weights every week but still I haven`t started the heaviest part. The competition in Poland is heavy and not my favorite events, so it has made me train on my weaknesses :) After Poland I know a little bit more and if I get an invitation I will be ready and rested for a real work up until the Worlds Strongest Man. I know all the other guys are getting stronger and bigger every year, but I have improved a lot on other stages when I have been gone, so hopefully I will show you a new reborn HULK. And my goal is definitely to keep the title Emperor of the Stones. And I hear rumors that there maybe will be some new and shocking events at the worlds [World’s Strongest Man contest] this year.

“A friend of me told me once, ‘If your good at something, you should stick with it.’ And I guess I`m a better strongman then a boxer. But I am also an idealist. I`m on my way, but I don`t know where I am going. The worlds is a competition that fits me well.

“My current stats are: 150 kg with better endurance then ever. I feel like I am weighing 125 kg and I am doing a lot of cardio and events training. I will try to get better on my weakness and keep my best events like they were ;) LET`S GET NASTY!!!!

“If I get invitations for the worlds, The Viking [Svend Karlsen] will train me until eat chains and s*** chains he told me :)

Slika
Ego sum alpha et omega, primus et novissimus, principium et finis.
"Eat like a horse, train like a demon and grow like a weed!"
Uporabniški avatar
udovich
SITE ADMIN

Kraj: Koper

Vrni se na Strongman - zanimivosti - curiosity

Kdo je na strani

Po forumu brska: 0 registriranih uporabnikov in 1 gost